Diet - day 15






Day 15 of my diet was 17 April 2020, and I was surprised to find my weight had dropped to 84 kilos this morning. That's a whole kilo gone in one night. That means after a couple of months not dieting I am back to where I was in a matter of just a couple of days. I sure wasn't watching what I ate during the time I wasn't dieting, so my only guess about why is because I have been stuck in the house, for health reasons, and then because of the Coronavirus. I haven't been able to go to cafes or buy snacks as I go about my day, and that has obviously made a big difference. I have been able to maintain my weight. Of course I want to do more that that, though, I want to lose weight.


So another day started with a calorie budget of 1,600, and my usual good intentions. Like yesterday, breakfast was two slices of thin Italian sandwich bread, for 115 calories. I spread two cheese triangles on this for 82 calories. I rounded that up to 200 calories. I also washed it down with a half a mug of coffee, for 30 calories. That makes 230 calories in total for breakfast.



A Message from the Author


If you are constantly losing the mental battle to steer clear of junk food, then the Mindset Diet may be for you. This is a whole new mindset. This book is packed with insights and tips to help you manage your weight and stay away from patterns of eating that promote weight gain. This is a back to basics approach, where you count your calories every day, but the latest insights into the psychology of appetite are combined to give you the best possible chance of losing weight. Buy the Mindset Diet.


I continued breakfast a couple of hours later when I had exactly the same thing again, except I substituted diet coke for coffee. This took my running total to 430 calories. That was a quarter the way through my budget already, just for breakfast, but I made a mental note to have a smaller than usual main meal to balance things out. And I meant it.

Then I sat down with a friend who was eating, so I felt I needed a little something to eat in front of me, just to keep them company. That's the sort of trick your mind will play on you, and I fell for it. I only had two and a half delicious white chocolate and cranberry cookies at 100 calories each, however, and not anything more substantial. Still this brought my running total to a truly terrifying 680 calories. That was way too high for so early in the day, still around brunch time, so I knew I was going to have to 'cool it'.

I managed to wait several hours before having some soup that I made myself. It was carrot soup, so that's 65 calories for the carrots. A half tablespoon of oil, which is 60 calories. There was also 100 grams of pasta in it, which is 360 calories. I ate a slice of soda bread with it (a small one) so I think it had 60 calories in it. That's 545 calories in toto, which is very respectably low for a main meal. Soup is so good as a light meal, as long as you resist the temptation to add extras like cheese, croutons, dipping bread and the like. My running total came to 1225 after that.

For desert I had one of the cookies I have been working my way through for the last two days, for 100 calories. It is amazing to me to have a pack of cookies in the house and not eat them all in just an hour or two. That's the power of a calorie controlled diet. My budget was left at 1325 calories, which meant I still had 275 calories left over for some kind of snack later.

Those calories started weighing on my mind, along with the knowledge that I still had two biscuits in the kitchen. It didn't take long before I had eaten one of them. That was 100 calories, bringing my budget to 1425 calories, leaving only 175 calories.

It should come as no surprise to find out that I then went ahead and ate the last biscuit, bringing my calories to 1525, which means, unless I could think of something with only 75 calories in it, I was done for the day.

Then I thought of something, I could eat a cheese triangle, with no bread underneath it. At 41 calories, that brought me to 1566, which is still under budget. Yay! To end, just a reminder that the best way to support this blog is to buy one of my books. Simply go over to Amazon, or Kobo and get one.

Comments

Popular Posts